How to use the Buyabarcode.com Barcode Generator
There are many types of barcodes the barcode generator can create. For US UPC barcodes, you will want to use the UPC-A generator.
- #1 Select your barcode type – Standard is UPC-A
- #2 Enter your barcode number in the Barcode Data field
- #3 Alter your barcode. By default, the settings will export a medium size PNG image file
- #4 Set your file name – When saved, the file name will be “barcode.png”
- #5 Click “Create Barcode”
Barcode Generator Tips
- Make it easy to read: This generator allows you to change the colors of your barcode. Depending on how you decide to print the barcode on your product, you want to make sure that all barcode scanners will be able to read it. We suggest leaving the default values which will create a white background color with the barcode itself in black.
- Make it big enough: By default, the barcode will save as a PNG file that is 3.3 x 1.4 inches in size. You can increase or decrease the size of the generated barcode image by changing the “Scale” option to a larger number. You can play with the Barcode Height and Scale options to generate an optimal image size. You can create a large barcode image and always resize it later in an editor such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Name Your Barcode: Make sure you name your barcode in a way that will help you remember what it is for. We suggest the following structure (productname_productattribute_upc.png), which would look like this: coolshirt_redlarge_upc.png. Naming your files like this will help you keep the barcode image files organized on your computer.